Business

I wanted to back up a few days ago to where I was posting on Facebook about the strip club comments. Here's how it went... a few weeks ago, my husband, myself, and two of our models were in Jacksonville, FL promoting the Car & Bike Show that we are doing there next weekend. In our travels to several different spots with flyers, we met a guy that owns a strip club in the area. So him and the husband talk for awhile. About 2 days after we get home, he calls and they talk some more and he wants to do a fashion show sometime late August early Sept, and wants us to work with him on it. No problem. I love doing what I do, but I do have my limits on what and where I will do things. He offered to host the afterparty for the Car & Bike Show and it will also serve as a model/designer call for the upcoming fashion show that we are planning. Last week, there still wasn't a venue confirmed. I swear to you all...the day before we got this call I told my husband that he was going to call and want to do the after party at the strip club. Now first here's the visual...they do have a totally seperate room where you can hold a totally seperate event and not even be affiliated with the strip club. There is a seperate entrance and everything. However, Diva won't be doing a model/designer call at no strip club. First off, nothing against the strip club, but it has never been my cup of tea. Male or Female. For one...I'm not giving my dollars to anyone. I love shoes, pocketbooks, clothes, accessories, and have 3 kids to take care of on top of all that. Second, I don't like sweat. I dont' like to sweat, and sure as hell don't want someone else's sweat dripping on me. EEEWWW!!!! I'm big on IMAGE and to me it's not a good look to mix fashion and strippers.
So I would prefer that if people want me to work with them, please remember that I represent myself. And I have an IMAGE to maintain. When my kids look at my projects I want them to see the creme de la creme. There are just some things I won't make exceptions for. When you approach someone about working with you...have an idea of what you want to do, where you want to hold it, if/what the theme will be, who you want there, and the purpose of the event. If I have to do all of this for you, I might as well plan the event myself.
With that...just please be about your business as I will be about mine when we are working together.
Smooches,
Mogulette Diva

Comments