Latest Wardrobe Update

This past weekend, I had the honor of helping a very good friend of mine update her wardrobe.

I have known Dana since 1991. We were in basic training in the AF together. We kept in touch for a few years, and then lost touch. And thanks to the power of Facebook, we found each other again. She is from Gastonia, NC but is currently living in Charlotte. She just got married in June and I of course attended her lovely wedding.

Well her birthday is tomorrow, and one of the things she wanted to do was update her wardrobe a little bit…well who better than a friend that is a stylist/personal shopper to assist her?

I was going to Columbia anyway on Friday night to take Lil Diva to the Scream Tour to see Mindless Behavior so I just decided to make a weekend trip out of it. We finished up at the Scream Tour and headed to Charlotte.

We spent Saturday shopping! I must say…I love what I do. Dana is a blue collar worker, and wears a uniform to work. She’s a mom, and as I said a new wife. She still wanted to remain conservative but she wanted some girly girl items to wear out to dinner, or just something nice, stylish, and comfortable for a day out with the kids and hubby! And I must say…Steven (her hubby) was a bit more excited about this experience than she was. We weren’t back at her house good before he pulled out the camera and asked for a fashion show. LOL

We found some great buys at Body Shop, NY&CO, and a new spot she told me about in Charlotte called Conways. It’s similar to TJ MAXX, Ross, and KOHL’s.

All the pieces that were purchased are very versatile. They can be worn several different ways, dressed up or down, and worn with several different accessories. It just depends on her mood, where they are going, and her stepping out of her box.

I love sweater dresses! They can be worn with or without tights, with high boots, ankle boots, or pumps. They can even be worn with jeans as a tunic. Dana is short, so NY&CO was my choice for the winter white and chocolate brown slacks you see. Then there’s the really cute genie pant style jumper in brown. It was too cute to pass up. It’s strapless however, the cover-up with a belt makes it a great fall fashion. This jumper can be done with some pumps or calf boots with the pant leg tucked inside or layered over the boot slightly. Again it just depends on what you prefer. It can also be worn in the spring/summer with some cute strappy sandals.

Remember: Fashion is your own! Do what you will to express yourself.

Be sure to check out my website KD Styling & Image Consulting

Comments