Surviving... PERIOD


Tonight, for those who tuned in, we had the opportunity to hear more of the Straight Outta Compton story. Except this time from one of the female pioneers of Compton. 

Without taking anything away from Dr. Dre and his musical genius because I will forever be a fan of what he did for music, mainly hip hop. You have to remember I was a kid growing up in this era. The early 90's was when I started to be molded into the woman I have become at this point. I still have evolving to do however.


It was already crazy to me to watch Straight Outta Compton and learn some of the things I never knew and get more details on some things you would hear in the news or read in magazines back then.

To watch Surviving Compton was different. I watched it with an open mind because I do know that stories get twisted, movies and shows get edited, and usually it is someone else telling the story. 
In these stories there is someone who is always going to be portrayed in a negative light. And that person is always going to want it to seem as though it wasn't as bad as the person telling the story is making it seem. We weren't there. We will never know the truth 100%. 
What I do know is that the industry will mess you up. I don't care if you're a man or a woman, adult or kid, black or white... if you aren't strong and true to YOURSELF you are bound to hit some type of bottom at some point.

Do I think Dre hit Michel'le to the extent of what was told, I don't put anything past anyone. Who do I blame? Them both. Her for staying, even though I understand, and him for being weak and letting the fame get the best of him.

I am surprised of Dr. Dre's reaction to this movie being released? No. It's no different than their former manager Gerry's reaction AFTER Straight Outta Compton was released. No one wants their dirty laundry aired. No one wants people to see the dark side of them, even though we are all human and have one.

People will say "Wow, Michel'le has a kid with Dr. Dre and Suge Knight". Michel'le did what she felt she had to do at the time to SURVIVE not just Compton, but the men of Compton,  the music industry, and herself. 




Comments