I am NOT my Great Grandparents


 I saw this tweet from the Minister this morning and the first thing that came to my mind was how white people today constantly say "We weren't the ones that started slavery" or "I, myself personally, didn't have any slaves". Although both of these statements are true as long as you (white people) continue to agree with the way this country is run. As long as you pass down the mentality from one generation to the next that it is okay to treat black people the way they have been treated since slavery you are just as guilty of slavery as your ancestors. 

You don't want to be "blamed" but you continue to do things in the likes of your ancestors. 

These are new times, new rules and we aren't going to continue to sit around and allow anyone to continue to demean us when we know this country was built off of our blood, sweat, and tears. 

Just a little morning rant for the day!

Have a great one ✌🏽

Comments