Soul Train Music Awards 2011

Last night the Soul Train Music Awards aired on BET & Centric. Needless to say it was yet another disappointment in the wonderful world of award shows.

Over the past few years these awards shows have gotten ridiculous. The quality of performances have gone down and the fashion isn’t making a statement. The only thing that I can agree with SOMETIMES, is the honorees of some of the iconic awards.

The Time performing was a great way to open the show and having Cedric the Entertainer host the show was a great idea. He understands and comes from the old school so he knows the deal.

Just a few things I noticed last night and my take on the show…first the energy level was LOW! All these entertainers in one building and I could have fell asleep watching it if I was sitting in the audience live.

I think several people missed sound check like Miguel and Marsha Ambrosia. I know Marsha is a phenomenal singer, so either she was sick or the sound was messed up.

People, we must stop telling everyone that they have talent. They let this go to their heads. And I don’t give a damn who they are married to or what their last name is. If they are not talented then they need to know it. Yes, I’m talking about loudmouth.com wanttobetoni.com Tamar Braxton. She needs to just enjoy being married to her super producer husband, Vince. Who pumped her head to think she was good enough to pay tribute to Gladys Knight, and be on the same stage with Mary Mary, Marsha Ambrosia, Natalie Cole, Chrisette Michelle, Kenny Lattimore, Dave Hollister, and Freddie Jackson??? REALLY? SMH. Just goes to show it’s not always about talent but about WHO YOU KNOW!

My next thought watching this: Why no close up of Natalie Cole? MMMMMM.

It was great seeing some of the pioneers of Hip Hop come together to pay tribute to Heavy D- Naughty By Nature, Doug E. Fresh, Kurtis blow, Goodie Mob, Whodini, Big Daddy Kane, Soul 4 Real, and several others paid homage to one of the greats! I do feel like the tribute was thrown together and could have been much better than what it was. I’ve seen things put together in less time, with less money than that tribute. #imjustsaying

Overall the show wasn’t what it should have been or could have been. When I attend these shows it will definitely be for networking purposes ONLY!

Comments