Don't underestimate YA GIRL!

Hey everyone.. as most of you know I have ventured into the world of Styling. I decided to try my hand at this for several reasons...I've styled myself for ALL of my photoshoots...I always get compliments on the looks I put together for my shoots...and last but definitely the most important reason... I LOVE TO SHOP!

Now I'm not your ordinary woman shopper. I would much rather sit at home and shop online but I know that alot of times that's not possible. And it's ok, because once I get out into the stores and get in the shopping mode...GAME FACE IS ON!

Last year, while in one of my favorite stores to shop in I saw this Jumper that I had to have! I was slightly hesitant because the bottom part reminded me of MC Hammer pants. LOL But I had to have it! Needless to say...it came home with me and I did a photo shoot in it. I opted to wear boots with it because of the MC Hammer pants complex I was having at the time.

Me in the Jumper


This photo shoot was done a year ago...Just FYI. I paired it with a faux fur half jacket, mid calf winter white boots, and pearl accessories.

Now...here is where I want you ALL to stop sleeping on ya girl's styling skills...I am an avid reader of Essence Magazine, and I have been for years! I love Essence and Black Enterprise.
 So I'm reading through the December 2010 issue of Essence and in the STYLE section is a spread of Toccara wearing 3 different outfits that are Festive! Needless to say one of those looks was the jumper (in olive) that I'm wearing above (in gold). 

Toccara in Mildred Jumper in Olive

As we know...Essence lists where you can purchase the items they feature in the magazine. The Jumper Toccara is wearing is called the Mildred Jumper and it's by Viscera NY. It's $350. Below is another picture of the jumper.

Mildred Jumper by Viscera NY

Well let's just say the jumper I'm wearing in the first photo was a far cry from costing me $350. I wore my jumper once (for the photo shoot) but best believe you'll be able to spot me in it at an upcoming event soon! And I'm even going to wear it with pumps this time! 

Be sure to visit my site: Get STYLED by KD!!



Comments