Daddy's Girl Part I

Not sure how many people know this but I'm adopted. I love my parents to death. They took me in, nurtured me, provided for me, and kept me out of foster care. They took me home when I was only 4 months old. Those of you who know me... you know the great relationship I have with my dad. I'm his only child! I'm definitely the definition of a Daddy's Girl. I remember growing up he use to have Daphne's Daddy painted on the hood of his vans. We've always had a pretty good relationship except for the 3 years that I wasn't allowed to talk to him because my mom had gotten remarried and her new husband didn't like white people. So they kept me from my dad, and moved me to Florida.

Well that's another topic...and really not the reason for this post... I decided today that I was going to try and find my birth mother and/or father. Not for medical reasons or really any reason in particular... I have been curious for the past few years about my birth parents, I'm going to be 40 in a few years, and I just want to know.

So I made step number one today, and called Children Services where I was adopted through and I'm just waiting on the petition papers. I'll keep everyone posted on this new journey...

Comments