Women Belong in the Kitchen


Be sure to watch the video before reading my thoughts.




This was sent to my inbox today, by a friend, asking: So is it insulting to say your place is in the kitchen??



Let me first begin by saying... " My thought process on a lot of things are different than most women because of the way I was raised". That's not to slight anyone or take any sides, it's just facts. I agree with men on various subjects because of this.

With that being said. I was raised in the Nation of Islam. I don't agree with a lot of things with any religion, however I don't disagree with some things either.

The topic of this video is one of the things I agree with. So when this was presented to me I had to remind my friend that my thought process is different, once again. Women, we do belong in the kitchen. We are suppose to be cooking for our families. We are nurturers, doctors, educators, counselors, companions, etc. We have gotten away from these roles because of slavery (old and new). Women don't have the time to be all these things anymore because many of us have to go out and work, several jobs, at times.

The man's role is to provide. If men aren't providing then the woman has to step in and do his role which leaves less time to be attentive to the needs of her family.

Now to answer the question... When MOST men say this to a woman, yes it's insulting, because MOST men don't know nor understand the true roles of what it takes to lead a family.

Comments