What I've Learned...

always stay away from writing posts like these because people are so sensitive nowadays and think that everything you talk about is directed towards them. Well,  this is more of a therapy session for me and at this point in the game, IDGAF what someone feels is directed towards them. If you are that sensitive and that worried about what may be directed towards you then you need to find something to do with your life. 

As I close out this year and another chapter of my crazy life I wanted to reflect on some things I've learned about myself and people this year (yes, at 42 I'm still learning about myself). 

1. I've learned that I'm not for everybody. Basically you will love me or either hate. Either way I will be fine. 

2. I've learned that the ones I love the most are the same ones who have hurt me the most. 

3. I have learned to depend on no one but myself. 

4. I've learned that I am MUCH stronger than I give myself credit. (This is probably the most important one).

5. I've learned that I don't want people in my life who lie, embellish on the truth, and try to impress people to the point where they have to create a person that they really are not. 

6. I've learned that I am responsible for my own happiness. 

7. I've learned to put myself first. I'm taking baby steps but I am starting to make myself and the things that are important to me a priority for me! 

This is my year of selfishness. There will be much more of me and much less of others.

Daphne Marie
#theimagecreator 


Comments