Birthday Thoughts

Photo by: Blue Diamond Images Photography
As my 41st birthday came to a close, I followed my normal tradition and reflected on my past year.

Let me begin with the fact that I know God has something huge in store for me. I have always had a struggle and a testimony, but nothing like the past 3 1/2 years have been. I use to question the things that happened and why I couldn't control certain situations, but not so much anymore. Not that I still don't question (I am human) but I'm just not going to give the devil that pleasure of me focusing on all the negative things in my life when I have so many things to be thankful for.

On that note: This past year my father has battled with two different types of cancer and both are in remission. I've been here through the whole entire process. Being a caregiver is no joke, especially while you are still trying to maintain a life of your own.


I became a grandmother to a wonderful, sweet, and handsome little boy named Jo'siah Cinco Sumner. He was born on December 23, 2014 and even though I was hoping NOT to be a grandmother until I was 50 I'm looking forward to watching him grow up and become a man. I love him to pieces. I'm still getting use to the word grandma, however. :-)

And last but certainly not least for those of you who really know me, know I'm not big on church. I believe in God 100% I've just had my issues with the church and the way it functions for my own personal reasons. I grew up in a baptist church and then in Islam when my mom married a Muslim. I've researched other religions. However, I found myself a church  home this year. And not just a place I enjoy, but my kids enjoy as well. My pastor is real, doesn't have a problem sharing her story of what she's been through and what she is going through. Being in a comfortable place makes me want to pay tithes. LOL.

I'm looking forward to this year ahead. I have some goals I want to reach personally, professionally, and spiritually and I am well on my way to achieving those goals. I'm getting rid of people and things that I feel are holding me back for whatever reason. I'm behind, in my eyes, on where I should be personally, professionally, and spiritually at 42 years old.

My word for this year is: Consistency. So you will be getting alot more blog posts from me as we move forward together.

Comments